DrRussMD
DrRussMD, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board certified Internal medicine and Integrative medicine. Many years of experience all areas.
24257177

I am wondering whether to have clarivein treatment on my varicose

I am wondering whether to have clarivein treatment on my varicose vein. My doctor told me years ago I could not have it stripped out on the NHS, so I have been saving up, but I fear I may not have enough for one varicose vein and a whole lot of thread veins. Please advise.
Julie
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 3 years ago.
Costs are around 200 pounds for the initial consultation, then around 1900 pounds per leg.
Let me know if you have more questions about this..
Just use reply to expert.
OK, so that is an initial answer….
Please use reply to expert if you have further questions. When you are ready, please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent]. If you forgot something, come back. I am here daily.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi Dr Thomas,

Thank you for your reply. Are there any negative findings so far regarding clarivein treatment?

Is it suitable for thread veins, too?

Julie

Expert:  DrRussMD replied 3 years ago.
It is suitable.
No real negative down side
some risks of temporary pain and soreness.
Sometimes skin pigmentation.
please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent]. If you forgot something, come back. I am here daily.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

So what would the cost be for one varicose vein and hundreds of thread veins, especially on my ankles?

Expert:  DrRussMD replied 3 years ago.
I gave you the range above.
It is going to vary depending on the place, the doctor, etc.
You are going to have to have an exam to get an exact cost and to see exactly what they can do.
You will know after the initial evaluation.