Dr. D. Love
Dr. D. Love, Doctor
Experience:  Family Physician for 10 years; Hospital Medical Director for 10 years.
21597572

As I mentioned before I suffer with transverse mellitus and

As I mentioned before I suffer with transverse mellitus and cannot do exercise but my legs muscles burn and hurt,could this be a build up of lactic acid and if so how can I get rid of it as it causes me problems when trying to walk
Expert:  Dr. D. Love replied 2 years ago.
Hello from JustAnswer.

Transverse myelitis would not cause lactic acid to build up in the muscles. If transverse myelitis is causing burning in the legs, it would be due to a direct effect on the nerves that serve the legs. There are a variety of medicines that can be used to ease burning in the legs associated with transverse myelitis, such as gabapentin or pregabalin.

If I can provide any clarification, please let me know.