DrRussMD
DrRussMD, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board certified Internal medicine and Integrative medicine. Many years of experience all areas.
24257177

My 19month old son always seems to be tired even after 12 hours

My 19month old son always seems to be tired even after 12 hours sleep at night. Every three weeks roughly he gets really cranky and has a dirty nappy every time I change him. His bum gets really red and sore and the skin breaks and bleeds.He had 6 dirty nappies today. And for the past few months his dirty nappies don't smell at all, it's very strange. His bum looks like it's sunburned and it's bleeding and really sore again today. This all happens roughly every 3 weeks. He was diagnosed with a cows milk allergy but he gets like this even when he doesn't have any dairy . I'm just very confused
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 3 years ago.

Hello Has this rash been swabbed for the lab Has a doctor seen it?

Can you attach a picture?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

It hasn't been swabbed and he has seen a doctor who has referred him to our paediatrician. He was seen by our paediatrician in May and had some allergy tests done but it all seemed ok and the paediatrician didn't tell us to come back just told us to ease him back onto dairy. I can't get a picture because he is asleep, but it looks like sunburn and you can feel the heat coming off of it and its bleeding. We tried to put him onto dairy but he got one of these episodes so we stopped. He has gotten it twice since then and hasn't had any dairy

Expert:  DrRussMD replied 3 years ago.
This is fungal infection.
But he has not actually seen an allergist /immunologist?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

No he hasn't seen either, would I need to be referred by my doctor? What can I do for the fungal infection?

Expert:  DrRussMD replied 3 years ago.
Yes
Formal allergy is not something to guess at, and you need the referral.
As to the rash.
A, the doctor needs to see it if he has not done so.
B. Chlortirmazol is an effective over the counter cream that would clear up such a rash.
OK, so that is an initial answer….
Please use reply to expert if you have further questions. When you are ready, please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent]. If you forgot something, come back. I am here daily.