Dr. David
Dr. David, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board Certified Physician
41363181

Girl aga 11 itchy rash just around nose, slightly red but no

Girl aga 11 itchy rash just around nose, slightly red but no spots and a bit flakey
Dr. David :

This is Dr. David

Dr. David :

that girl age 11 could have a bacterial infection around the nose called impetigo.

Dr. David :

there are special prescription antibiotic ointments like mupirocin (bactroban) which could help the bacterial infection.

Dr. David :

you should take her to the A&E or a GP doctor and see if it is indeed an impetigo skin bacterial infection.

Customer:

A phamacist told us it was not impetigo but we should see a GP, that a setroid cream might be needed, but I cannot get an appointment until Thursday and it seems a long time to wait.

Dr. David :

I see.

Dr. David :

you can try an over the counter steroid cream like hydrocortisone 1% which you could get at the drug store.

Dr. David :

hello?

Dr. David :

do you have any other questions?

Customer:

yes but we would have to say it was not for the face as they will not sell it. I can try to get an emergency appointment am tomorrow seems a bit overkill but perhaps the best option

Dr. David :

yes, best to get her to see a doctor right away.

Customer:

ok thanks

Dr. David :

and try the over the counter 1% hydrocortisone cream for a few days to see if that helps

Dr. David :

best of luck to you

Dr. David :

let me know if you have other questions