DrRussMD
DrRussMD, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board certified Internal medicine and Integrative medicine. Many years of experience all areas.
24257177

Hi There I have been struggling with a couple of things

Hi There
I have been struggling with a couple of things and wwondering if they are connceted. I have had an on off inner ear problem where it feels full and needs to be popped. With that i have also been struggling with feeling hot and sometimes breaking out in a cold sweat.
On Friday i stood up and felt like spacced out straight away and now i keep feeling hot and tired almost like flu like symptoms. The weird thing is i do not have a temperature.
Any Advice?
Many Thanks
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 3 years ago.
Dr. Thomas, MD :

hello

Dr. Thomas, MD :

It still implies infection.

Dr. Thomas, MD :

You need to see a doctor to see if there is fluid trapped behind the ear.

Dr. Thomas, MD :

You seem to be having a problems with chat

Dr. Thomas, MD :

I will change the format

Dr. Thomas, MD :

hold on

Expert:  DrRussMD replied 3 years ago.
The symptoms are non specific
I would look for fluid behind the ear drum, which can be infection, fever or not.
OK, so that is an initial answer….
Please use reply to expert if you have further questions. When you are ready, please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent]. If you forgot something, come back. I am here daily.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

The doctor looked in the ear but couldnt find infection! He said it may be Eustacian Tube and referred me to ENT specialist?

Would fever like symptoms suddenly come on and do these things come and go?

The only other thing i can think that is causing this is i have a herniated disc in my back and i ice it every day. Sometimnes after icing i feel illk and get hot flush. My concern this time is it has lasted for 4 days

Expert:  DrRussMD replied 3 years ago.
It could also easily be a simply viral illness.
It is not from the back.
Infection of the ear should still be ruled out, so it should be re examined.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Sorry Dr just one more question

Can viral infections come and go and can they make you feel hot without a temperature?

Is there anything i should do to help myself recover?

Expert:  DrRussMD replied 3 years ago.
They clear up within 10 days. Symptoms can come and go.
Fluids
rest
tylenol.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi Dr

the last symptoms one lasted only a day but then returned 3 weeks later. is this common?

many thanks for your time

Expert:  DrRussMD replied 3 years ago.
Chronic infection can do this.
That would be the ear.
You should also have all routine labs, thyroid function tests.
YOu need more follow up with your doctor.
OK, so that is an initial answer….