DrRussMD
DrRussMD, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board certified Internal medicine and Integrative medicine. Many years of experience all areas.
24257177

i went to thailand last chrismas and have came back with a

i went to thailand last chrismas and have came back with a anoying rash on the scrotum, have tried allsorts of creams but no improvement.
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 2 years ago.
This needs to be swabbed for the lab.
It is indeed most likely fungal, but over the counter creams might not be strong enough.
Do not put steroid on this.
Until you see the doctor, try homeopathic calendula cream, which will not cause harm and might clear it up.
OK, so that is an initial answer….
Please use reply to expert if you have further questions. When you are ready, please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent]. If you forgot something, come back. I am here daily.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I shall send you a photo tomorrow of the infected area as am in work till late tonight, are fungal infections hard to clear up?
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 2 years ago.
Not usually, unless you have a tough bug.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Ok the area doesn't itch it just burns now an again and is very red.I shall send you the picture tomorrow, all the antifungal creams I have used have irritated the skin more then anythin.
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 2 years ago.
OK
That is fine
I will be here
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

also makes the whole scrotum red and tighten up alot.

Expert:  DrRussMD replied 2 years ago.
Looks like it has been treated a lot.
The exact bug can not be identified by sight.
In addition, you have to rule out things like eczema and lichen sclerosis.
any skin disease can occur here.
It completely needs a lab sample and exam.
Folliculitis , an infection of hair follicles, is also possible, and in that case it would need a prescription anti bacterial.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
When you say ruled out do you mean it's none of them diseases you said?
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 2 years ago.
I mean that once a sample is sent to the lab some of the list can be ruled out, then you can be properly treated.
See a dermatologist, as even a small piece of skin might need to go to the lab.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
So best advise should I avoid putting any creams on the skin?
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 2 years ago.
Yes
Until the problem is identified.
You can safely use homeopathic calendula, 3 times a day for two days, then only as needed.
That you can find in health food stores.
It does not interfere with anything.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Ok thanks again
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 2 years ago.
Anytime
Any questions.
please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent]. If you forgot something, come back. I am here daily.