Dr. Phil, MD
Dr. Phil, MD, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  GP in the United States
55099014

My daughter is on the autistic spectrum, but our local community

My daughter is on the autistic spectrum, but our local community paediatric service won't see her because she is masking in school (then 'presenting' severely at home). She suffers from extreme anxiety and is socially phobic (barely leaving the house for the entire 6 week summer holiday). She finds it very difficult to get to sleep and has complained of 'tummy ache' and 'not being able to breathe' daily for the 40+ days since school broke up. She is nearly 9 and it's very painful to watch her existing - not living - in this terrible state. There is such a stigma attached to the use of SSRIs in children, but I strongly feel (as a loving and sensible mum) the poor thing needs help. I can't even consult a private child psychiatrist until she's 12. If she had a physical health problem/disability, no one would expect her to live in constant pain for all these years. Please can you tell me of a doctor somewhere who might listen and help her? Thank you.
Expert:  Dr. Phil, MD replied 2 years ago.
Dr. Phil, MD :

Hello. I'm Dr. Phil, licensed and practicing internist. Excellent service is my goal.

Dr. Phil, MD :

please enter chat

Dr. Phil, MD :

.

I completely agree Sue that she needs an SSRI
This will help her function and I'm sorry she is going through this
Can you consult the GP about meds?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thank you, ***** ***** Your agreement means a lot. I am in the UK though. Are you in the US? I was really hoping to speak to a UK doctor who could recommend a privately practising UK psychiatrist. The National Health Service seems to set 12 years as an age limit. I think she needs help now.

I rarely see any UK doctors on here. I'm not sure why
And none are online now
Please don't forget a positive rating. I appreciate it
I appreciate the good rating.

I would be happy to help you in the future. Just ask for feedback. Thank you. :) Dr. Phil in your question opening or bookmark this page http://www.justanswer.co.uk/medical/expert-irondoc/

I greatly appreciate a positive rating in the customer satisfaction survey that you will receive via email. It is important for me to get your feedback. Thank you. :)