DrRussMD
DrRussMD, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board certified Internal medicine and Integrative medicine. Many years of experience all areas.
24257177

Hi I was wondering if you could help me. I have been getting

Hi I was wondering if you could help me.
I have been getting constant belching in spasms since November last year but put it down to ibs.
It comes and goes two weeks on and the it might go away then comes back again.
This time it has come back and is very painful. My esphogeous feels like it has a metal tube in it and is burning . I sometimes bring up tiny pieces of undigested food. My stomach is full of bubbles but nothing comes out it seems to all come up. It is worse at night and when I go to sleep it keeps me awake for a good hour before I can drift off.
Can you help me ?
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 3 years ago.
You need an examination by an internist or GI doctor.
What you are describing is more consistent with gastritis, ulcer, or GERD than IBS.
What doctor have you even seen?
The treatment is likely to be testing for h pylroi, the gastritis, ulcer bug, and a PPI medication such as nexium.
You might also have ibs, that is possible.
OK, so that is an initial answer….
Please use reply to expert if you have further questions. When you are ready, please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent]. If you forgot something, come back. I am here daily.
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 3 years ago.
thanks
I am board certified in integrative medicine, internal medicine, trained in functional medicine and homeopathy, etc. I am here daily: use my request link as needed and “for Dr. Thomas” in the question title. Give that link to friends, family, associates, etc. Find me as needed for correct, safe and accurate answers.