Dr. Hasan
Dr. Hasan, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS, with experience in all fields of medicine and surgery
28983357

hi i had a funny turn yesterday. i started to overheat i was

hi i had a funny turn yesterday. i started to overheat i was sweaty and itchy my heart started to pound very fast both arms went numb i felt very dizzy and sick. i have kept an eye on my heart beats today and at rest it is about 90bpm and after light work it jumps to 136 was the highest. when doing light work i get very hot and dizzy as i explained at the start. my father has the same symptons and has been diognosed with an artiral flutter.
Expert:  Dr. Hasan replied 3 years ago.
Dr. Hasan :

Hi, Thanks for your question. I'm Dr. Hasan and I'll try to help you.

Dr. Hasan :

Have you had your thyroid hormone levels checked?

Customer:

no cant say i have

Dr. Hasan :

Do you feel spinning while being dizzy or feel unsteady?

Customer:

slightly unstable

Dr. Hasan :

Any chest pain, black outs, fainting spells etc?

Customer:

no

Dr. Hasan :

Thanks a lot for your input. I am sorry to hear about your problem. I am going to address your primary concern but later you can ask anything you want.

Customer:

when i get hot i just feel like i need to sit down and rest it takes about 15min for my heart to return to 90

Customer:

no worries

Dr. Hasan :

As per symptoms heart rhythm disorder is likely. The other possibility include thyroid hormone imbalance.

Dr. Hasan :

My suggestion for you is to visit ER because you need immediate evaluation and these symptoms shouldn't be ignored.

Customer:

but what do i tell them i dont have the time to sit in er for 5 hours

Dr. Hasan :

You need to have an EKG and may be a brain scan but if everything comes out to be fine, anxiety should be considered as a cause.

Dr. Hasan :

You must tell them that you are having fluctuating heart rate and feeling dizziness.

Customer:

so a trip to er is the answer for now

Dr. Hasan :

These symptoms always alert the doctors and they will not ignore your symptoms.

Customer:

ok thankyou for your help

Dr. Hasan :

I am sorry but your symptoms can't be ignored and you need an evaluation now. Your health is not important than anything else.

Dr. Hasan :

Anything else you want to ask?

Customer:

no thats fine i will wait for my wife to get home in the next hour then make my way

Dr. Hasan :

Yes that is the right decision and You are most welcome.

Customer:

thankyou for you time

Dr. Hasan :

Most welcome. I wish you good luck and that you get well soon. My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up questions. Kindly rate me when you are done. You can come back here to ask anything even after you have rated the answer. I will be glad to help you always.