Dr. K.
Dr. K., Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board certified with experience in primary care.
65718478

My 8 year old daughter has decided lately that i dont love

My 8 year old daughter has decided lately that i don't love her. She goes to bed with my car keys inside her pillow case as she is scared that I leave the house whilst she is sleeping. I am a single mum, however, I live with my mum.
How can I help my daughter?
Expert:  Dr. K. replied 3 years ago.
Dr. K. :

Hello, this is Dr K.. Answers are not medical advice and do not constitute a doctor/patient relationship. I look forward to helping you today. This is a normal childhood phobia. Kids develop lots of childhood phobias over the years that are rarely based in reality. Parents must acknowledge the fear and help the child to resolve it. Here is a great link about all phobias with help on how to deal with them.

Dr. K. :

http://kidshealth.org/parent/emotions/feelings/anxiety.html

Dr. K. :

I hope this gives you a good start.