Dr Basu
Dr Basu, Experienced Specialist
Experience:  MD
23744323

I am 65 yrs,lately when I get up in the mornings it takes a

I am 65 yrs,lately when I get up in the mornings it takes a while for me to urinate,and is slow,after that I am fine for the rest of the day, I have also noted that its only when I wear jokey type briefs to bed which are tight round the waist, if I don't wear them it would appear I don't get the problem, I am generally in good health and working, regards kelvin
Expert:  Dr Basu replied 3 years ago.
Dr Basu :

Hi Kelvin, This is Dr Basu, Experienced Specialist. I am here to address your concerns and provide great service.

Dr Basu :

This is a very limited problem still suggestive of lower urinary tract obstruction.

Dr Basu :

Mildly enlarged prostate can cause this.

Dr Basu :

Also bladder sphincter can be tight in the morning from the lying down position.

Dr Basu :

void jockey briefs as that will help exerting less pressure.

Dr Basu :

YOu should also consider a prostate gland chek by your GP.

Dr Basu :

A medication for the prostate can be used if needed.

Dr Basu :

Tamsulosin or Terazosin can be use before bedtime to avoid the symptoms in the morning.

Dr Basu :

Best wishes,

Expert:  Dr Basu replied 3 years ago.
Dr Basu : Hi Kelvin, This is Dr Basu, Experienced Specialist. I am here to address your concerns and provide great service.
Dr Basu : This is a very limited problem still suggestive of lower urinary tract obstruction.
Dr Basu : Mildly enlarged prostate can cause this.
Dr Basu : Also bladder sphincter can be tight in the morning from the lying down position.
Dr Basu : void jockey briefs as that will help exerting less pressure.
Dr Basu : YOu should also consider a prostate gland chek by your GP.
Dr Basu : A medication for the prostate can be used if needed.
Dr Basu : Tamsulosin or Terazosin can be use before bedtime to avoid the symptoms in the morning.
Dr Basu : Best wishes,
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

hi. the medication that you mention is this generally available or prescription only.regards kelvin

Expert:  Dr Basu replied 3 years ago.
Prescription only.
Should not be a problem.
Your GP can prescribe easily.

Best wishes,