Dr. Phil, MD
Dr. Phil, MD, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  GP in the United States
55099014

I have cramps and muscle tightening in both arms mostly my

I have cramps and muscle tightening in both arms mostly my forearm for the last 2 weeks but it seems to be getting worse i have also felt spasms and occasional cramp in my leg is there any solution to this i have been taking magnesium tablets the last two days and also exercising does the magnesium take long to work i feel this is going to get worse i am also anxious about it
Expert:  Dr. Phil, MD replied 3 years ago.
Hello. I'm Dr. Phil, licensed and practicing internist. Excellent service is my goal.
Thanks for this question
Do you take any prescription drugs?
How did this all start?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I dont take prescription drugs i cycle do light weights play football 5 a side and i do yoga this started 3 weeks ago with twitches in my leg which felt restless then last friday my left arm got a slight cramp which is also happening in my right arm its not severe pain but its heading that way

could it be coming from your neck?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I have no pain in my neck as of yet the cramp is also going into my hands slightly on the little finger side my grip and strength is ok also so far would anxiety make it worse

yes anxiety would make it worse
you might have a disc in your neck that is pressing on a nerve Robert
you can have this without pain in the neck
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

What can be done to solve it

I would do some physical therapy and get medicine for anxiety
It will help
I appreciate the ok rating.

I would be happy to help you in the future. Just ask for feedback. Thank you. :) Dr. Phil in your question opening or bookmark this page http://www.justanswer.co.uk/medical/expert-irondoc/

I greatly appreciate a positive rating in the customer satisfaction survey that you will receive via email. It is important for me to get your feedback. Thank you. :)