Dr. Phil, MD
Dr. Phil, MD, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  GP in the United States
55099014

Hi, I have been having problems for a good while... Im 25.

Hi, I have been having problems for a good while... I'm 25. I've been getting vaginal and abdominal pain during and after intercourse. It's been happening more gradually for over a year. My pelvis also locks up sometimes. Irregular periods over the past year, ranging from 16 days, 19 days, 22 days, 25 days, sometimes 2 periods in the same month...It used to always be 28 days. A lot of the time I would have vaginal dryness with stinging/burning. Vagina sometimes can get very red and swollen that would mostly happen after intercourse. I also suffer from fatigue and dizziness. I've been to my gp a few months ago and swabs and a smear was done and everything came back normal. I have hpv and I have been waiting to see an ob/gyn since february. Any advice would be much appreciated. Thank you
Expert:  Dr. Phil, MD replied 2 years ago.
Hello. I'm Dr. Phil, licensed and practicing internist. Excellent service is my goal.
Why is it taking so long to get in?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I'm not sure why it's taking so long. I assume there is a long waiting list. I got a text from the hospital in May asking me if I still wanted the appointment. I said yes, but I haven't heard anymore from them.

Wow you really need to see an OB GYN.
You need an exam, pelvic ultrasound and thyroid tests
This is imperative
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Have you a rough idea of what could be wrong or would it be too hard to tell without doing tests first? I've been to two different doctors and they just tell me " I don't know what's wrong" or "just go on the contraceptive pill". Thank you very much for the advice :)

I suspect endometriosis or PCOS
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

That's what I was thinking. I'll get it checked out. Thanks alot for your help. 5 stars.

You're welcome. Good luck
Please don't forget a positive. I appreciate it
I appreciate the excellent rating.

I would be happy to help you in the future. Just ask for feedback. Thank you. :) Dr. Phil in your question opening or bookmark this page http://www.justanswer.co.uk/medical/expert-irondoc/

I greatly appreciate a positive rating in the customer satisfaction survey that you will receive via email. It is important for me to get your feedback. Thank you. :)