Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  20 yrs. in practice, includinge surgery, general medicine, addiction medicine and pain.
18722459

I sat at my computer for a full day. I only went out of house

I sat at my computer for a full day. I only went out of house 3 times briefly but most of the waking day was just sitting at my computer. The next day I noticed that I have been wearing tight-fitting socks for 3 days, quite tight around the ankle.Combining the time sitting at computer and time a the desk without exercise, now worried about Deep Vein Thrombosis!
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 3 years ago.
Hi--and we can continue after this if you need. I really don't think you have to worry about DVT here for a number of reasons. First, you weren't completely immobile for the day. Second, the tight fitting socks actually help to prevent DVT. Third, unless right now you have significant swelling in one or both legs--especially the calves--with perhaps some pain in the calves--you have no symptoms of DVT. I understand your concern but I don't think there's anything to worry about. If you're still concerned, have your doctor look at your legs but I think you're just fine
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thank you for your reply,

I don't see any significant swelling in either calf. I do have some mild and intermittent occasional minor 'pains' of the 'blood returning to the hands after coming in from the cold' variety, but no severe or consistent pain.

Still nothing to worry about?

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 3 years ago.
Still nothing to worry about Lyndon. Just see how it goes for the rest of the day but unless you get swelling there's no concern here. This really isn't a scenario for causing DVT's