Dr. Hasan
Dr. Hasan, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS, with experience in all fields of medicine and surgery
28983357

after a kidney op recently my are red and sore particularly

after a kidney op recently my balls are red and sore particularly in hot bath
Expert:  Dr. Hasan replied 3 years ago.
Hi, Thanks for your question. I'm Dr. Hasan and I'll try to help you. Which kidney operation you underwent and when exactly? Do you have any itching associated? Regards
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

the op was to remove 3 stones in my right kidney on 29.8.14. This was done by laser. I was discharged same day. Very itchy when hot water touches area.

Expert:  Dr. Hasan replied 3 years ago.
Norman thanks a lot for your input. I am really sorry to hear about your problem. Your symptoms are not indicative of anything related to your kidney operation directly but indirectly there are two possibilities. The redness and soreness of ball can be a part of an infection going on secondary to your surgery or more commonly it can be dermatitis. Don't worry I will address your question in two aspects; what you can do yourself and what your doctor can do for you. As far as what you can do yourself is concerned in such situations over the counter available 1 % hydrocortisone cream can be applied twice daily on the red area and for pain 2 tablets of Tylenol three times a day. If you have itching, you can use over the counter tab claritin once daily. You can try the above suggestions for 3 days and if symptoms persist, see your doctor for further evaluation. The cream you are already using is of no use here. Avoid hot water till you get better.I wish you good luck and that you get well soon. My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up questions. Kindly rate me when you are done. You can come back here to ask anything even after you have rated the answer. I will be glad to help you always. Regards