Dr. Hasan
Dr. Hasan, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS, with experience in all fields of medicine and surgery
28983357

hello.i have a question since i suffered i think enough lately

hello.i have a question since i suffered i think enough lately and i want some advice please.i was diagnosed with depression I'm on efexor and sertraline but last couple of months i am suffering from abdo pain and vomitting.docs checked everything except a colonoscopy which i will do cause they are thinking of crowns disease sonce my calcoprotein was 252.i haven't told them about my antidepressants cause I'm a little embarrassed.my mother says that all the symptoms are from these medicine.i also take the birth control pill which i think is irrelevant.painkillers are heavy i sleep 15 hours a day feel tired all the time and basically this is my cry for help.should i stop the medicine?i don't know who else to talk to I'm nott too open about it.ct-blood tests all normal except from ferritin which was 5.i just want the pain to go away and have a normal life since there are many things i can focus on and be happy.thank you so much for your time
Expert:  Dr. Hasan replied 2 years ago.
Dr. Hasan :

Hi, Thanks for your question. I'm Dr. Hasan and I'll try to help you.

Dr. Hasan :

Since how long exactly you are on these medicines?

Customer:

since march

Dr. Hasan :

and since how long you have these pains?

Customer:

ut before they were giving me others but they were too heavy for me

Dr. Hasan :

ok

Customer:

the pain well episodes started april like 1 per month but the pain is much stronger and if u push my belly it hurts.its location is upper right were the gallbladder is

Dr. Hasan :

Ok

Dr. Hasan :

Have they done HIDA scan?

Dr. Hasan :

Have they ruled out gall bladder to be the cause?

Dr. Hasan :

Do you have pain in other areas of abdomen?

Customer:

ct scan ultrasound even hematobilliary scan to rule out that maybe its the function of the gallbladder but everything normal except the calcoprotein.

Customer:

no pain in other areas.vomitting on and off and slightly temp of 37

Dr. Hasan :

Do you have other symptoms like diarrhoea, blood in stool, mucus in stool etc?

Customer:

they said blood in stool was positive and the infection rates meaning calcoprotein 252

Dr. Hasan :

Thanks a lot for your input. I am sorry to hear about your problem. I am going to address your primary concern but later you can ask anything you want.

Customer:

constipation because of tramadol and oramorph but i am going more regularly to the loo

Dr. Hasan :

As per symptoms and tests done so far, it is clearly evident that your abdominal pain is not due to you depression medicines.

Customer:

so should i wait here?

Customer:

oh ok

Dr. Hasan :

These medicines can't cause pain just in one area of abdomen this way and even if they cause they are not likely to linger on for this long.

Customer:

so maybe chrohns?

Customer:

ok

Dr. Hasan :

Crohn's is a one possibility rather I would say the most likely possibility but you should go for a colonoscopy to be sure.

Dr. Hasan :

But don't even think of stopping your medicines because stopping them yourself can put you in lot of trouble as they can cause withdrawal effects.

Customer:

thats what i thought so.i just wanted to rule out the medicines since i haven't told anyone.well i feel better i was actually thinking of stopping them

Dr. Hasan :

Just wait for the diagnosis to be confirmed and you have a good news at your end that at least nothing serious is behind your symptoms as all tests are clear.

Dr. Hasan :

No even don't think about it. It can be very dangerous.

Dr. Hasan :

Take them as prescribed.

Dr. Hasan :

and please no stress from now onwards :)

Dr. Hasan :

I assure you that you are going to be Ok

Customer:

ok will do thanks a lot

Dr. Hasan :

Any question please?

Customer:

nope thanks

Dr. Hasan :

You are most welcome. I wish you good luck and that you get well soon. My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up questions. Kindly rate me when you are done. You can come back here to ask anything even after you have rated the answer. I will be glad to help you always.

Dr. Hasan, Doctor
Experience: MBBS, FCPS, with experience in all fields of medicine and surgery