Dr. SH
Dr. SH, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Doctor of Medicine
28323552

About 3 months ago I started to experience a mild shaking sensation

About 3 months ago I started to experience a mild shaking sensation within my chest, since then it has developed into a full on shaking sensation that seems to be coming from my diaphragm area
I can have days when I am completely symptom free, but the the issue returns for no apparent reason. Don't believe I have a stress related issue as nothing has changed in my life. I am currently under going investigation for an elevated red blood cell count and await results and treatment from a red cell mass test.
On the days when the shaking is bad I am unable to work and have now had to take time off, any advice would be appreciated
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 2 years ago.
Dr. Shahzad MD :

Hi there. Thank you for your question. I will be helping you out with your queries

Dr. Shahzad MD :

Welcome!!

Customer: Thanks, ***** ***** great to have an idea what is going on with me
Dr. Shahzad MD :

Does this happen all the time?

Dr. Shahzad MD :

Does this ever happen when you are sleeping?

Customer: No , it just comes on during the day, at different times, not effecting my sleep, but happens when I am standing or sitting. I am more aware now of an almost constant very mild interb
Customer: Internal shake, but when it gets bad my whole torso starts shaking , feels like all my internal organs are shaking!, makes the day very uncomfortable, may last a couple of hours before easing off
Dr. Shahzad MD :

Have you had any blood tests?

Dr. Shahzad MD :

Do you have any other medical problems?

Dr. Shahzad MD :

Are you on any medications currently?

Customer: Had lots of blood tests recently as I have a high red blood cell count, this week had a red cell mass test which i am waiting for the results. I have had a scan of my kidneys, spleen and liver and all have come back clear, so that's good news. I understand that from the red cell mass test they will decide on what treatment will be to sort the high red count out. But at the moment no one has any idea what is causing the shake
Customer: My only medication is aspirin, which I was advised to start taking when the red cell count was flagged up as high
Dr. Shahzad MD :

The one thing that is good is that this shake does not happen at night and does not disturb your sleep, which rules out anything serious as far as I am concerned.

Dr. Shahzad MD :

Yes you should continue taking aspirin.

Dr. Shahzad MD :

I would also recommend that you should take calcium and magnesium supplements.

Dr. Shahzad MD :

Along with vitamin D supplements.

Dr. Shahzad MD :

I assure you that this is not something serious. The symptoms that you mention are non specific and do not fit any disease or disorder.

Dr. Shahzad MD :

Are you following me?

Customer: Ok that sounds good, I am seeing a neurologist next Tuesday as the one consultant felt it could be connected as he believed it could be my stomach muscles going into some kind of spasm
Dr. Shahzad MD :

Yes, a muscle relaxant may help in your case

Dr. Shahzad MD :

Muscle relaxant like tizanidine.

Dr. Shahzad MD :

So I agree

Dr. Shahzad MD :

Anymore questions?

Customer: No I think that's a help, haven't been worried about this, more frustrated that when it is happening I can't control it and it has become something that others can see happening so it's a bit embarrassing
Dr. Shahzad MD :

I understand, it can be really frustrating.

Dr. Shahzad MD :

Anymore questions?

Customer: No, thanks for your advice
Dr. Shahzad MD :

You are most welcome
Wish you all the best.
Please do rate me for my services by clicking on one of the smilies below.
Kindest Regards