Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  20 yrs. in practice, includinge surgery, general medicine, addiction medicine and pain.
18722459

After taking a pen Britton 250 capsule some years ago, was

Customer Question

After taking a pen Britton 250 capsule some years ago, was left with a empty feeling in my head, same as when you have taken a sleeping tablet, the next day. Is there any antidote to take away the affect
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
Hi--can you tell me more about what you refer to as an empty feeling? Your age and have you seen a doctor about this?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
When I took a sleeping tablet, next day I felt a bit strange, some 12 days later, I felt a strange pulling at my hair sensation, then I knew the after affects of that sleeping pill had finally worn off. And again I experienced the same sensation after an operation, some 12 days later. So I know what I am talking about. Yes I have spoken to 2 different doctors, and neither had a clue what I was talking about
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
OK Alan. Are you saying this has only happened those two times?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
The after affect of the pen Britton , has been the same as the sleeping pill, and has lasted for many years. My age is 59. And no I am not loosing my marbles.
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
I never said you were losing your marbles Alan. Just trying to get all the information. But I'm having a bit of a hard time understanding exactly what this sensation is you're trying to describe so can you expand on that part?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I know you didn't doctor, I've been trying to get an answer to this for many.years with no joy. What ever sleeping pills do to the nervous system in the brain, that's what pen Britton do, the same. Only they take forever to wear off
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
So can you give me more of the symptoms you have from this?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
It affects your memory, slow to recall, but the main thing is you just know something is missing, and I want it back. It shocks my to know that doctors hand these tablets out, and don't know thelongterm side affects
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
OK Now I understand but can I first ask if you've had a full battery of cognitive tests to determine exactly what the memory problem is?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
No, never heard of them, there is no problem with me, I know it's the affects of the prem Britton. Maybe am a bit more sensative than most, you have obviously never come across this problem before . I honestly believe its a physical affect on the nervous system.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
As I said in the beginning is there an antidote to take away the affects of pen Britton, I was told at the beginning there was
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
Actually I have come across it before Alan but each case is somewhat unique. I can't say that anything can totally reverse your problem but for now I'd suggest omega 3 fatty acid supplements, vitamin D, and ginko biloba as a group of supplements that can help.
Dr. Chip, Board Certified Physician
Experience: 20 yrs. in practice, includinge surgery, general medicine, addiction medicine and pain.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
In what way willThey help? And what dosage?
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
They will help with the memory problem and with the empty sensation.
For the omega 3, three capsules per day
For the vitamin D, 1000 IU per day
For ginko biloba, 240 mg per day
But I have to add the proviso that you should check with your doctor before taking these supplements
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thank you doctor will give it a try
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
My pleasure Alan but let me know how it goes and please remember to rate my service to you
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I just hope it's excellent , gives me hope
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
I understand Alan but please let me know how it goes