Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  20 yrs. in practice, includinge surgery, general medicine, addiction medicine and pain.
18722459

I am partically sighted I use hypromflliose eye drops because

I am partically sighted I use hypromflliose eye drops because my eyes are always running but they are not improving the situation what else can I can use.this is the son asking the question on my mothers behalf
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 3 years ago.
Hi. How long has this been going on and is there any redness, pain or itching to the eyes? And since those drops are for dry eyes why is she using them?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

no redness no itching just keep running

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 3 years ago.
But if there's running why the drops? And how long has this been going on Emily?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

my doctor said the drops will help but there not what do I do

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 3 years ago.
OK Then obviously the drops are not appropriate since they're for dry eyes, not running eyes. This sounds like a viral conjunctivitis and for that you need anti-viral eye drops by prescription. Your doctor needs to know that the present drops aren't helping and that he needs to consider a viral conjunctivitis
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

how can I tell my doctor that I need different treatment,how does he know I spoke to an expert, my doctor would say how do you know more than me and then how do I get a prescription for what I need

regards

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 3 years ago.
Just tell him that your eyes are still watering and the drops aren't helpful and you checked your symptoms on the internet and you were wondering if it was a viral infection