DrRussMD
DrRussMD, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board certified Internal medicine and Integrative medicine. Many years of experience all areas.
24257177

My grandson has no friends. He is desperate to fit in and tries

Customer Question

My grandson has no friends. He is desperate to fit in and tries too hard and makes himself into the clown so he gets laughed at and has things thrown at him. He is 6 years old
Expert:  Dr. Phil, MD replied 3 years ago.
Hello. I'm Dr. Phil, licensed and practicing internist. Excellent service is my goal.
I'm very sorry about this. That is a tough situation.
Why doesn't he make friends?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Relist: I still need help.

I'm here to help

what questions do you have?

Expert:  DrRussMD replied 3 years ago.
I would not say that this is a medical problem.

You have to make sure he is OK physically, he needs his doctor visit, his eyes and his hearing checked.

If that is all OK, it is likely an adjustment problem.
this would need a meeting with the family and school, and a plan.
A child psychologist can be instrumental in helping, and often the problems can be resolved.

What you have described is not out of the norm, but can become a much bigger problem. If there is a school counselor, that persons assistance should be solicited as well.

OK, so that is an initial answer….
Please use reply to expert if you have further questions. When you are ready, please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent]. If you forgot something, come back. I am here daily.