Dr. Hasan
Dr. Hasan, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS, with experience in all fields of medicine and surgery
28983357

are there any operations for slight deafness? My son is in

are there any operations for slight deafness? My son is in the army and failed a hearing test. He isnt deaf, but he seems to fail their hearing test.
Expert:  Dr. Hasan replied 3 years ago.
Hi, Thanks for your question. I'm Dr. Hasan and I'll try to help you. I am an Ear, Nose & Throat surgeon and can help you. I am sorry to hear about his problem. I am going to address your primary concern but later you can ask anything you want. There are two types of hearing loss; conductive loss and sensory loss. If he has conductive hearing loss, yes most of the causes of conductive hearing loss can be corrected by surgery. If the hearing loss is sensory, it can't be corrected by surgery but in sensory cases, tablets like betahistine can be given to stop the further progression of the hearing loss. This is just a response to your original question and if you have any further question, please let me know. I wish your son good luck for everything. My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up questions. Kindly rate me when you are done. You can come back here to ask anything even after you have rated the answer. I will be glad to help you always. Regards
Expert:  Dr. Hasan replied 3 years ago.
Hi, Is it possible for you to send me his report?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Not at the moment...it is with the army...my son said they did operate on his lobe? But it hasn't made any difference. He can hear in general but for some reason he can't hear the beeps from the hearing test.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

He had an infection apparently..

Expert:  Dr. Hasan replied 3 years ago.
Thanks a lot for your input. I am really sorry about all this and I can understand your concerns for your son. If he can't hear blips during the test then this means that his hearing can't be fixed by surgery. I am really sorry but I can't give you a false hope. Hearing aids can help him if he wants. Please let me know if you have questions. I would like to help you till you want. Regards