Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  20 yrs. in practice, includinge surgery, general medicine, addiction medicine and pain.
18722459

I have pea sized lump in left groin not painful or red have

I have pea sized lump in left groin not painful or red have tendency to have low ferritin levels
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
Hi. Any idea how long it's been there? Is it movable and is it hard or more spongy?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

has been ther approx8 months hard not movable

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
OK Kathryn. If it's been there that long and hasn't gotten any larger there are two possibilities--either a cyst or a lymph node. If it's a node it could just be a little enlarged from a previous infection but more than likely it's just a cyst. Of course, and enlarged lymph node makes one think of things like lymphoma but in general with that there are several enlarged nodes in other areas like the neck and the arm pits. Since I can't examine you I can't say for sure what this is but I don't think it's anything serious. Of course, the best thing to do is have your doctor take a look.