Family Physician
Family Physician, Doctor
Experience:  GP with over 27 years experience including emergency medicine
1304720

My husband has been having involuntary movement from his stomach

Customer Question

My husband has been having involuntary movement from his stomach as if he has internal hiccups as he describes it. He saw his doctor on Friday who didn't see what was happening but said it was possibly trapped wind. This has been going on for 5 days and Disney seem to be getting Better. It is happening while he's asleep and it's making his body jerk and also when he talks. Can you please advise
Expert:  Dr. D. Love replied 3 years ago.
Hello from JustAnswer.
It will help if you could provide some further information.
When he saw his doctor, did he feel the symptom, but it was not something that the doctor could see? Or did he simply not have the symptom while seeing the doctor?
Do you know that it is happening while he is asleep because of the jerking of the body? Or are there other symptoms present that you can witness? If the latter, what else is present?