Dr. Phil, MD
Dr. Phil, MD, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  GP in the United States
55099014

How likely is it to have throat cancer at age 30? I recently

How likely is it to have throat cancer at age 30? I recently quit smoking but I was a smoker for 13 years. Around 3 months ago I detected slight bleeding from tonsil. Went to doctor, was prescribed anti biotic, the symptoms didnt go away, white spots appeared, went away, first it was left tonsil then right tonsil, after 4 weeks I was prescribed a second anti biotic, symptom didnt go away. Was sent for blood tests to see if it was glandular fever. blood tests came back fine. Throat is still sore, slightly red, feels like a lump at the back of throat, sometimes the left ear hurts. Doctor thinks Ill be fine. Should I insist for an ENT referral? I am going crazy thinking it is something sinister. Thank you.
Expert:  Dr. Phil, MD replied 2 years ago.
Hello. I'm Dr. Phil, licensed and practicing internist. Excellent service is my goal.
Thanks for this question
It is virtually impossible to have throat cancer at that age. It is not impossible but HIGHLY unlikely.
This sounds like it could be allergies
i would definitely see an ENT to be sure though. This has gone on long enough to warrant it being checked out.
I appreciate the good rating.

I would be happy to help you in the future. Just ask for Dr. Phil in your question opening or bookmark this page http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-irondoc/

I greatly appreciate a positive rating in the customer satisfaction survey that you will receive via email. It is important for me to get your feedback. Thank you. :)