Dr. SH
Dr. SH, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Doctor of Medicine
28323552

Just over 1 hour ago, I walked into a door ( night time) and

Just over 1 hour ago, I walked into a door ( night time) and hit my forehead very hard. Still have a headache around the area where I hit the head but apart from that no other symptoms. Also, small bump. Have taken paracetamol and used witch hazel for bump. Do I need to do anything else or worry about internal effects?
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 3 years ago.
Dr. Shahzad MD :

Hi there. Thank you for your question. I will be helping you out with your queries

Dr. Shahzad MD :

If you have not had any bleeding from the nose or ear or watery fluid coming out from the nose or ear, vomiting, I would not worry.

Dr. Shahzad MD :

Headache after a hit on the head and a bump on the head is something that is extremely common and usually not something to worry about.

Dr. Shahzad MD :

If any of the symptoms mentioned above happen at anytime in the next twenty four hours you should rush to the emergency.

Dr. Shahzad MD :

If you lost consciousness after the hit on the head, even then you should go to the emergency.

Dr. Shahzad MD :

I presume you have not had any of those and therefore there is nothing to worry about.

Dr. Shahzad MD :

Let me know if you have more questions.

Dr. Shahzad MD :

Are you with me?

Customer: I still have a headache, which doesn't seem to be responding to the painkillers.
Dr. Shahzad MD :

This will subside in due course of time.

Dr. Shahzad MD :

Try taking ibuprofen 400 mg

Dr. Shahzad MD :

Anymore questions?

Customer: No. Many thanks.
Dr. Shahzad MD :

You are most welcome
Wish you all the best.
Please do rate me for my services by clicking on one of the smilies below.
Kindest Regards