Dr. Robert
Dr. Robert, Doctor
Experience:  M.B.B.S, Experienced Family Physician
8493425

In the last few weeks I have been passing stools more regular

In the last few weeks I have been passing stools more regular sometimes it may be loose and also it has a strong smell
Expert:  Dr. Robert replied 3 years ago.
Dear customer
Welcome to justanswer.com and thank you for your question.
I'm so sorry to hear of your discomfort. I will do whatever I can to help answer your questions .First I need a little more information-
Ever blood in stool?
How many times in a day are you having bowel movement now?
When did you had your last colonoscopy?
Any other known medical illness?
I am waiting for your reply..
Kind Regards,
Dr. Robert
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Have not noticed any blood in my stools , I pass stools about 3 to 4 times a day ,what is a colonoscopy? And I gave had breast cancer
Dear customer,
Thank you for providing quick additional info.
The symptoms of having passing stool 3 to 4 times a day, a change in bowel habit,loose stools & having a strong smell in the stool can be due to various causes.
Most common causes are:sprue,crohn's disease,inflammatory disorders, intestinal infections, malabsorption disorders.
The most probable cause of your symptoms seems to be Inflammatory bowel disease(IBD)-ulcerative colitis,crohns disease or irritable bowel syndrome(IBS).
You need following tests:
-Ultrasound of lower abdomen,
-Colonoscopy,
-Stool examination & culture,
Colonoscopy is an internal examination of the colon.The colonoscope is a four foot long, flexible tube about the thickness of a finger with a camera and a source of light at its tip. The tip of the colonoscope is inserted into the anus and hence examined for any pathology.
So for confirmation,I advice you to make an appointment with your gastro doctor to have these tests done so as to know the exact underlying cause & then treatment will be done accordingly.
Hope this helped.
My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, I am happy to address follow-up questions.
Thank you *****
Dr. Robert
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
When you say gastro doctor how do I go about arranging this or do I go to my normal doctor first
Dear customer
Yes,you need to first consult your normal doctor/family physician/primary care physician & then accordingly you will be referred to gastro doctor for tests like colonoscopy & then treatment will be done accordingly to treat any underlying cause.
Hope this helped.
Thank you *****
Dr. Robert
Hi JA customer

I'm just following up with you to see how everything is going. Did my answer help?

Have you consulted your doctor?
Have you discussed for colonoscopy with your doctor?

Let me know,
Dr.Robert