DrRussMD
DrRussMD, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board certified Internal medicine and Integrative medicine. Many years of experience all areas.
24257177

Hi I noticed a small bump under my left breast, on the rib

I noticed a small bump under my left breast, on the rib and i was pressig a lot to see if it was soft or hard and thats why it became a little bigger and sore. I am sugfering from severe cough and throart infection. What could it be? Some kind of cancer? I hate to go to that conclusion but cant help thinking about it.
Please help!
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 3 years ago.
if under the breast not likely cancer.
You might simply be feeling a rib.
Lipoma would be a common finding, a benign fatty tumor.
However, to make sure, a doctor has to feel this.
Anything else is guesswork.
OK, so that is an initial answer….
Please use reply to expert if you have further questions. When you are ready, please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent]. If you forgot something, come back. I am here daily.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Hi thanks! Well i went to doctor as you said and she asked if i hae stomach pains. Well i had like couple of times and some cramps occasioanlly. She asked me to fet xray of chest and stomach and to undergo surgery to get it removed.
What do u think she thinks i have? Gerd?