Dr. Phil, MD
Dr. Phil, MD, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  GP in the United States
55099014

Hi, I am an american who works on the high seas. For this

Hi, I am an american who works on the high seas. For this reason it can be up to a year before I return home to america. I was diagnosed with Premature Ovarian Failure in my early 30's and have been on hormone replacement therapy ever since (I am now in my late 40's). I am in Cambridge for 2 weeks and am almost out of my estradiol (2mg) and am not scheduled to return to the US for another 4 to 6 months. Is there any way I could see a UK doctor to get a refill here? I am willing to pay I just do not know how to go about this. I do not have any other health problems and have never been diagnosed with any other "female" problems. I am only comfortable with female doctors. Any advise would be welcome.
Expert:  Dr. Phil, MD replied 2 years ago.
Hello. I'm Dr. Phil, licensed and practicing internist. Excellent service is my goal.
this website is for advice only
we don't give medicines on this site
I am sorry about your predicament but you need to see a physician about this in person.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

yes, i expected as much but how do i find one? preferably in cambridge but i am willing to travel if necessary

Just call the local GP office in your area
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I apologize for sounding like an idiot (comes with the nationality) but how do i find the phone number for the local gp?

Go to the NHS website and it will walk you through it
http://www.nhs.uk/Service-Search/GP/LocationSearch/4
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

welcome
please don't forget a positive rating. I appreciate it
I appreciate the good rating.

I would be happy to help you in the future. Just ask for Dr. Phil in your question opening or bookmark this page http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-irondoc/

I greatly appreciate a positive rating in the customer satisfaction survey that you will receive via email. It is important for me to get your feedback. Thank you. :)