Dr. Charogat
Dr. Charogat, Doctor
Experience:  Licensed in both NYS and NJ with experience in surgery and medicine.
16403115

Where can I get keyhole heart surgery to repair 3 blocked arteries

Customer Question

Where can I get keyhole heart surgery to repair 3 blocked arteries in the heart. I do not want heart bypass surgery
Expert:  Dr. Charogat replied 3 years ago.
Dr. Charogat :

Dr. Charogat :

What kind of surgery you need to clear your blocked arteries really depends on a number of factors, some of which include your health, the amount, level and area of blockage etc.

Dr. Charogat :

There are times that opening the arteries can be done through the large vessels, but it really depends on all of the above.

Dr. Charogat :

Generally, if you go to a larger hospital you are more likely to be able to have surgery such as going through the vessels than if you are in a small private hospital.

Dr. Charogat :

Hi. Did you see what I wrote above?

Dr. Charogat :

Can I clarify or answer anything else for you?

Dr. Charogat :

I am going to switch this to a question and answer session as it seems like you are not in this chat. After a certain amount of time I believe you are asked to pay more and being that we haven't chatted at all yet I don't want that to happen.

Dr. Charogat :

I'll also be leaving the computer later but will be back in the morning to further assist you.

Dr. Charogat :

G-d Bless

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Can this treatment be carried out in a USA hospital by keyhole surgery ?
There are places in the USA that do this type of surgery. Again, they would first need to make sure you are a candidate for this kind of surgery (ie if they expect the surgery to work well for you, or if they expect that you need open surgery). It would also depend on which arteries, the amount of blockage, where the blockage starts and ends as well as a number of other factors.
The Cleveland Clinic is one of the leading medical centers in the USA. Here is a link to their description of various types of heart surgery that they can do. (Please keep in mind that to bypass blockages the procedure is called CABG).
http://my.clevelandclinic.org/heart/disorders/mini_invasivehs.aspx
Is this helpful? Or do you still need more? I'll be happy to assist with any more follow up questions.

G-d Bless
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Can I ask the surgeon / consultant to exhaust all medical treatment before undergoing surgery
You can certainly do that.
That might mean just reviewing the possibilities (as opposed to trying each possibility -- the surgeon might know that some are obviously not appropriate treatment for you.)
As you are are trying to find help from so far away, I'd advise you first call the center you choose (I gave you the link to Cleveland Clinic, but they are certainly not the only ones) and see if you can speak to the doctor. That way you can ask the doctor you will see, or a doctor from the practice you will see if they have any ideas before you fly over to the USA.
Does this help?
Do you have any further questions?

I may not be back to my computer for a few hours, but when I do get back I will check if you've responded with any more questions.

G-d Bless
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Thank you for your expert advice. God bless to you too in your work
Feel free to come back with any follow-up questions.
G-d Bless