Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  20 yrs. in practice, includinge surgery, general medicine, addiction medicine and pain.
18722459

a year and a half ago I had tah .bso andomentectomy and lymph

Customer Question

a year and a half ago I had tah .bso andomentectomy and lymph glands removed for a squamous cell cancanoma. arising from a dermoid cyst.all biopsies post opp were clear. the cancer is back..ct scan shows substantial recurrence in the pelvis.a heterogenous irregular mass of low density centrally measuring 6 cm with a futher left sided intraperitoneal metastatic mass in the mid to upper abdomen measuring 6.3 cm..all other organs remain clear this has..also been confirmed by colonoscopy seen as a tumour in the sigmoid colon..i am now bleeding pv..waiting for doctors to get back to me..what treatment will they do.i assume the worst..im 50 years old and have a husband and a 9 year old daughter.please help.im desperate for answers..ps im an intensive care nurse
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
Hi Sorry to hear about all this. Can you just tell me a bit more about the sigmoid colon tumour?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

rectosigmoid biopsies showing islands of tumour infiltrating between colonic glands..histologically the tumour has some features consistant with squamous cell carcinoma.including intercullar bridges..immune to follow.this is what the report says.it is from the biopsies that were taken during a colonoscopy...I assume I will have a permanent colposcopy and chemo..i feel well and am still going to work..do u think they caught this in time..fbc.u and e..lft all normal..but the ca125 was 350..the last one was in august last year and was normal...thanks for your help

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
OK Kathleen, and after this we can continue for as long as you'd like if you have more questions. I can only give you my thoughts here and I don't want to try to say your doctors will follow the same exact course. I would treat you first with radiation therapy and then I'd go in and remove all the cancer in your abdomen as possible. That would most likely include taking out your left colon, cleaning out the pelvis, and it may also involve a temporary colonoscopy. Chemotherapy after the surgery would most likely be advised. I wish I could give you a positive bent on all this but I'm sure with your background you realize that while a full court press is needed here, the chances for cure are slim.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

thank you

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
My pleasure but let me know how it goes and please remember to rate my service to you
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

hi dr chip

I went to see oncologist last Friday...they wont do chemo ,radiotherapy or surgery.she told me there was nothing they could do and go home and die..as its so rare they were unable to tell me how long I have left to live..

kathleen

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
That surprises me Kathleen. Can you tell me more about what the oncologist said?