Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  20 yrs. in practice, includinge surgery, general medicine, addiction medicine and pain.
18722459

Hi I am 31 I have had a test and the doctor says that

Hi I am 31 I have had a sperm test and the doctor says that my count is fine but motility is nill how can I remedy this? Also she says my partner is not producing eggs. She is a sufferer of emdimitrosis she has had a camera put in her and she has been checked but she has constant stomach pains. We are desperate to start a family for the last 3 years. We have now been referred to icsi for further testing I have read up on it but I'm wondering if we can do something ourself to help. any help with the above would be greatly appreciated
Mohammed
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
Hi We can continue after this but as for your problem, no alcohol or caffeine, no smoking, and a nutrient dense diet of fresh green and leafy veggies and fruits, nuts, coconut milk, tofu or tempeh, and no more than three servings a week of lean meats, fish and poultry, along with exercise, zinc supplements, and arginine supplements can help with that. As for your partner, hormone supplementation with estrogens and progesterones can help with that and she may need Clomid to help with the egg production.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

For my self I had been having sex and masterbation 3 to 4 times a week could this have a effect of no sperm motility? And I work 7 days a week could stress be the cause? For my partner can she get these items you described over the counter or she has to see a gp? She was late with her period for 4 weeks could this have something to do with her emdimitrosis why she is having no EGGS? ALSO what are the chances of a couple partners both with problems is this common?

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
Actually yes it could and you should abstain from masturbating for now Muhammed. Stress is also in the mix so it might help for you to see a therapist or get hypnotism for relaxation exercises, and acupuncture could also help. For your partner that would take prescriptions, hopefully from a gynecologist. I can't be sure about why she isn't making eggs but the endometriosis could be a part of that. It is rare that we see couples where both partners have fertility issues
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I have refrained from masterbation it was more of a obsession realy. My religion forbids it so It's something I shouldn't be doing anyway. These are my last questions to you dr chip has there been situation where the woman do not produce eggs and there is medication that has fixed that? I realy hope I do not have to go through ivf or icsi for my partners sake. Should me and my partner carry on having intercourse twice a week even though we know our problems? As a natural pregnancy would clearly be the better choice all round. Dr chip I thank you open heartedly for your answers and may God bless you and your family. Ameen

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
Yes and that medicine is Clomid, Ameen, when prescribed and regulated by a gynecologist. Go ahead and have sex--that won't hurt anything and maybe there'll be a chance your partner will conceive. I appreciate your last words and I hope I've helped you some here. Be sure to let me know how it goes and please remember to rate my service to you.
Dr. Chip, Board Certified Physician
Experience: 20 yrs. in practice, includinge surgery, general medicine, addiction medicine and pain.