Dr. Ravoof
Dr. Ravoof, Doctor
Experience:  Experienced Physician in the field of Medicine and Surgery.
17799485

i woke up in the night and wasnt breathing,and i really couldnt

i woke up in the night and wasnt breathing,and i really couldnt breathe frightened the life out of me,and still couldnt breathe when i tried to,then it seemed to kick in and i had this weird feeling go through my body,now i dont scare easy,but woo....
Expert:  Dr. Ravoof replied 2 years ago.
Dear customer,

Thanks for your question.

Do you have difficulty in breathing?
Are you on any medications?

Were any investigations done?
What is your weight and height?
Do you snore at night?

Since when is this happening?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

yes im,on beta blokas anti depressants anti psychotics diazepam and evidently i do snore at night i also have palpataions quite often.this happened last night,the incident that is.

Dear customer,

Thanks for your reply.

Basically with these symptoms your doctor may consider obstructive sleep apnea where a patient can suffer from excessive daytime sleepiness, loud snoring, observed episodes of breathing cessation during sleep, abrupt awakenings accompanied by shortness of breath, awakening with a dry mouth or sore throat, awakening with chest pain, morning headache, difficulty concentrating during the day, experiencing mood changes (such as depression or irritability), difficulty staying asleep, and having a high blood pressure.

Difficulty breathing is one of the adverse effect of diazepam.

However I would suggest that if these episodes are frequent and you are suffering from the typical symptoms of obstructive sleep apnea then to have a sleep study done.

http://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/obstructive-sleep-apnea/basics/definition/CON-20027941

Take care.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

you are so spot on with your explanation,well,im thrilled im not a gonna just yet.I will see my doctor,but i have the symptoms you explained,you are very good and it has put my mind at ease.A very very big thankyou,I was really scared when that happened last night.youre brilliant and thankyou

Mr Mcdonald.

You are welcome,

Please rate the answer as GOOD/EXCELLENT SERVICE (click FOUR/FIVE STARS).

Take care.