Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  20 yrs. in practice, includinge surgery, general medicine, addiction medicine and pain.
18722459

I HAVE PAINS IN MY ARMS ANDshoulder also in my hands.in the

I HAVE PAINS IN MY ARMS ANDshoulder also in my hands.in the morning i cannot pick things up or reach.I am in a great deal of pain.
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 3 years ago.
HI How long has this been going on and have you had any studies to evaluate the problem?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

since the beginning of august.Ihave been for a blood test today but the results wont be back for a week.Iam booked to go on 3 weeks holiday to portugal on sunday and am desperate.

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 3 years ago.
OK Mary--so no x-rays or MRI's? What have the doctors and the chiropractor said about this?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

The drs prescribed pain killers which had little effect except giving me an upset tum.chiropracter treated my neck.physiotherapist thinks it is polymyalgia and sent me back to the dr who has arranged tomorrows blood test.

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 3 years ago.
OK Mary. I hope you'll understand that all I can do here is give you my thoughts and what I would do, and we can continue after this if you'd like. First off this doesn't sound like fibromyalgia and there are no specific tests for that. It may be a problem in your neck like a ruptured disk in the cervical spine, so I would get an MRI of your neck. Another possibility would be an autoimmune disorder like rheumatoid arthritis and you'd need a blood panel that included antinuclear antibody, rheumatoid factor, sed rate, and C reactive protein to look for that. Finally it could be a vitamin D, vitamin B12, or magnesium deficiency so I would do blood work for that, too.