DrRussMD
DrRussMD, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board certified Internal medicine and Integrative medicine. Many years of experience all areas.
24257177

Is it ok that my partners 11 year old son doesn't go to sleep

Is it ok that my partners 11 year old son doesn't go to sleep without his father? It has been like this ever since I have known him. There is a complicated custody arrangement between the parents, and the boy wants to live with us, but I am worried this is not a healthy situation since he is nearly in puberty.
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 2 years ago.
It is hard to say on face value if anything is wrong.
However, given the history, the child needs family therapy, preferably with mother and father, but even if just with the father to start, or the mother, PhD clinical psychologist needs to make a family assessment.
OK, so that is an initial answer….
Please use reply to expert if you have further questions. When you are ready, please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent]. If you forgot something, come back. I am here daily.