How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Chip Your Own Question
Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Board Certified Physician
Category: Medical
Satisfied Customers: 31228
Experience:  20 yrs. in practice, includinge surgery, general medicine, addiction medicine and pain.
Type Your Medical Question Here...
Dr. Chip is online now

I have been diagnosed by an NHS doctor as suffering from Alzheimer's

Resolved Question:

I have been diagnosed by an NHS doctor as suffering from Alzheimer's disease based on a short term memory test. Should I arrange a consultation with a Psychiatrist as I believe my short term memory problem is not severe enough for such a diagnosis.
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.

Hi. Just a short term memory test alone is insufficient for diagnosing Alzheimer's but I think you should see either a psychiatrist or a neurologist for a full evaluation since, detected and treated early on, Alzheimer's can effectively be halted in its course and sometimes reversed.

Dr. Chip and other Medical Specialists are ready to help you

Related Medical Questions