Daniel Sheibley, MD
Daniel Sheibley, MD, Doctor
Experience:  MD Grad Jefferson Medical College 2009. Internal Med intern 2010 & Radiology residency 2011. Husband & father of two.
62460980

i experience regular memory lapses, i often am dizzy and recently

i experience regular memory lapses, i often am dizzy and recently have headaches and i muddle up my words and am also extremely tired. could you give me some advice or point me in the right direction, i have been to my gp several times, had some blood tests but it all looks normal just showed mild aneamia.
Expert:  Daniel Sheibley, MD replied 3 years ago.
Daniel Sheibley, MD :

Daniel Sheibley, MD :

If you've already had your thyroid checked you should have an MRI of your brain. Being a young woman makes you in a demographic for which multiple sclerosis is a rare possibility but one that should be entertained

Daniel Sheibley, MD :

Have you ever had problems with your vision?

Daniel Sheibley, MD :

Customer:

well, i have bad vision generally but i have experienced some dizziness which blurs my vision when it happens

Daniel Sheibley, MD :

Yes you need to have an MRI definitely

Daniel Sheibley, MD :

You're a young women and have some blurry vision episodes. That is one of the stereotypical suggestions of multiple sclerosis. Also the fact that you have "episodes" because it is a relapsing remitting problem.

Customer:

how do i convince my doctors to do that? i have been going there for three years, with these symptoms and they just think i am depressed

Daniel Sheibley, MD :

I think all you need to say to them is:

Daniel Sheibley, MD :

I have changes of my vision (blurriness), dizziness, word finding difficulties. I have these symptoms in multiple episodes which then improve and come back. Tell them that you've discussed this with me and I feel that evaluating you for multiple sclerosis with an MRI of the brain is reasonable. They'll probably agree. Sometimes a physician just needs to be reminded about possible diagnoses.

Customer:

ok, thank you.

Daniel Sheibley, MD :

Did I answer your question?

Customer:

just want to know if thats the only thing you think its likely to be?

Daniel Sheibley, MD :

The most worrisome thing that would be easy to evaluate for

Daniel Sheibley, MD :

A complicated migraine is another possibility

Daniel Sheibley, MD :

For which seeing a neurologist would be needed

Daniel Sheibley, MD :

To try one of the many medications that can be prescribed.

Customer:

ok, thank you for your help