Dr. Hasan
Dr. Hasan, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS, with experience in all fields of medicine and surgery
28983357

I fell on my foot from my bed about 6 months ago and since

I fell on my foot from my bed about 6 months ago and since then the inside of my foot around the middle area it really painful but no swelling and sometimes as I m a chef and I m on my feet for a few hours it starts to hurt and I start limping. it happens to my other foot in same position but not as painful

Expert:  Dr. Hasan replied 3 years ago.
Hi, Thanks for your question. I'm Dr. Hasan and I'll try to help you. I am sorry to hear about your problem. I am going to address your primary concern but later you can ask anything you want. As per symptoms your pain is consistent with plantar fasciitis There is tissue layer under the foot which is called plantar fascia and what you have is likely to be inflammation of that area. It was a coincidence that it started after that fall but otherwise it can start otherwise also. Don't worry I will address your question in two aspects; what you can do yourself and what your doctor can do for you. As far as what you can do yourself is concerned in such situations over the counter available tab aleve twice daily for a week and massage of the area with over the counter bengay gel twice daily can help. Moreover you should apply heating pads to the area twice daily. This problem is more common in people who stand for long so never stand for long time and sit down in between to take some rest. If symptoms persist, see your doctor who can either send you for physical therapy and sometime if it fails then steroid injection in that area can help also. But don't worry nothing is serious and you are going to be ok. I wish you good luck and that you get well soon. My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up questions. Kindly rate me when you are done. You can come back here to ask anything even after you have rated the answer. I will be glad to help you always. Regards