Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  20 yrs. in practice, includinge surgery, general medicine, addiction medicine and pain.
18722459

I keep getting a reoccurring mouth pains where the hard palate

I keep getting a reoccurring mouth pains where the hard palate is red and sore
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
Hi ***** first ask what the doctors had to say about this?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
It took me 2 visits to the dentist before he sore the lesions on the hard palate, when my hospital appointment came through the lesions had faded away but showed him the pictures i took and he has recommended a review in november when they will do blood tests
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
Can I see those pictures Neil?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Yes how do i send them to you
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
Either use the paperclip icon on this page or you can post them on Snapfish, Photobucket or Imageshack and give me the link
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
Got it Neil. So these come and go? Is the area sore when they're not there?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

there is no pain in the mouth , the best description is a itch that just wont go away. there is also a feeling from above the palate or in the palate of soreness. it does not effect me eating/ drinking. I has stopped smoking for over a year. monitored my food for possible reactions but nothing yet

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
OK Neil. I can only give you my thoughts here. My first thought is that this is from gastric acid reflux--GERD--even if you don't have much in the way of heartburn and indigestion, and you could try Zantac or Prilosec daily for two weeks to see if that helps. These don't really look like blisters or ulcers as with a herpes 1 virus--the cold sore type that most of us have been exposed to. There is a rare condition called Behcet's that is a kind of autoimmune disorder, but those lesions are usually very painful. Certainly this doesn't look like cancer if you were concerned about that. I would assume the blood work mentioned would be for the herpes, but my first thought is that this is from GERD
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

thank you for your advice, I would like to add something that relates to your reply.

this all started this year and I am also waiting on dermatology as my scrotum is bright red, mild pain but increased sweating.

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
That may be a fungal infection that would respond to Lotrimin or ketoconazole cream Neil, but it wouldn't be related. Let me know how it goes and please remember to rate my service to you
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

thank you very much

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
My pleasure--any time