Family Physician
Family Physician, Doctor
Experience:  GP with over 27 years experience including emergency medicine
1304720

I have a very painful toe it's very red on the tip but it's

I have a very painful toe it's very red on the tip but it's not an ingrown toe nail I have managed to get my finger nail down the side of nail so I don't think it's a ingrown nail cannot bear shoes or slippers on.there does not have any puss there but some morning seems to have crystals there .what could it be and do I need to see doctors
Expert:  Family Physician replied 3 years ago.
There are a number of possible causes for the symptoms that you describe including cellulitis (a type of skin infection), osteomyelitis (an infection in the bone) or gout (a painful joint condition caused by crystal of uric acid).

The only way to determine the exact cause (and the appropriate treatment) would be to see a doctor.

YES - you need to be seen by your physician