Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  20 yrs. in practice, includinge surgery, general medicine, addiction medicine and pain.
18722459

I have psoriatic arthritis and in Jan this year had to have

I have psoriatic arthritis and in Jan this year had to have an emergency decompression procedure on my L4/5 vertebrae. I have recently started having extensive pain in my left sacro iliac area and have continuos neck & shoulder pain. I have not had an MRI to diagnose psoriatic arthritis. How would I be able to get an MRI. My current rheumatologist is unapproachable
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
Hi. Have you talked to your general practitioner about this? Or perhaps your surgeon?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I am waiting to hear back from neurosurgeon. Have seen GP who thinks it may be psoriatic arthritis as I have had a bad breakout and currently receiving light treatment. My concern is that I do not want to go through the same excruciating pain as I did with the cauda equina.

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
Fiona we're on two pages now and I did give you an answer on the other one. Either your GP or your surgeon could order the MRI. You don't really need a full body MRI--just one of the most affected joints