Dr. D. Love
Dr. D. Love, Doctor
Experience:  Family Physician for 10 years; Hospital Medical Director for 10 years.
21597572

My daughter has a rash on her body and more so on her arms

My daughter has a rash on her body and more so on her arms and her palms are very itchey and she is hot what nelson product can she use to cool her body down ,she does not have temperature
Expert:  Dr. D. Love replied 2 years ago.
Hello from JustAnswer.
It will help if you could provide some further information.
What diagnosis did her doctor say was present?
Did the antihistamines and steroid creams provide any benefit?
Could you attach a picture of the rash using the icon on the tool bar that looks like a paper clip?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
The doctor at the walk In clinic was not sure what it could be said it was a rare type of rash ... He said it was dermatitis possibly he had to google the rash to view pictures and said it's an uncommon rash.
The cream and antihistamine has provided little relief from it itching and has reduced it but it is still very much visible and also when the rash starts to itch on the hands little blisters appear filled with water. On the legs the rash looks like bruises.
I cannot see the paper clip icon to attach the pictures... I am using an iPad so not sure if this makes a difference to the screen layout.
There is some functionality that is lost on iPads. The detailed instructions that show the location of the icon can be reviewed at

ww2.justanswer.com/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert.

If this is not available, another option would be to post the picture on a third party file shring site and let me know the URL to the image.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I have attached some pictures

Thank you for the pictures.

I can see why your doctor tried the antihistamines and steroid creams, because it does look appear to be a form of dermatitis, and the fourth picture particularly looks like she is reacting to something to which she is sensitive.

In terms of which Nelson product would be appropriate, there are two that may be helpful. The Graphites cream is the Nelson product that can most help with dermatitis. The oral Pollenna can help the body ease an allergy or sensitivity. It is primarily oriented towards respiratory allergies, but it can help in other locations in the body as well.

Another option to consider if the rash remains persistent would be a short course of oral steroids, but that would need to be prescribed by her doctor.

If I can provide any further information, please let me know.