How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. SH Your Own Question
Dr. SH
Dr. SH, Board Certified Physician
Category: Medical
Satisfied Customers: 8808
Experience:  Doctor of Medicine
Type Your Medical Question Here...
Dr. SH is online now

My daughter keeps getting hard lumps inside the pierced hole.

This answer was rated:

My daughter keeps getting hard lumps inside the pierced hole. Also she has had blood from it
Dr. Shahzad MD :

Hi there. Thank you for your question. I will be helping you out with your queries

Dr. Shahzad MD :

Does she also get similar 'lumps' or 'abnormal scars' in other parts of the body when she gets injured?

Dr. Shahzad MD :

The most likely cause here seems to a keloid.

Dr. Shahzad MD :

Keloid is a genetic tendency to abnormal scar formation which can acquire the form of a nodule like you mention.

Customer: Sometimes she gets lumps
Dr. Shahzad MD :

This seems most likely to be keloid.

Dr. Shahzad MD :

like I mentioned above.

Dr. Shahzad MD :

This is related to abnormal scar formation.

Dr. Shahzad MD :

Do you have a picture that I can see?

Customer: What can I do to treat it
Customer: No sorry
Dr. Shahzad MD :

The best treatment is actually preventing trauma. Once a person has had this then external beam radiotherapy is very effective treatment which is usually reserved for larger keloids.

Customer: I think I will have to consult my local GP , as I don't want to get it wrong and upset or worry her
Dr. Shahzad MD :

Another form of treatment, that is often successful, is using steroids i.e. topical steroids or intralesional steroids.

Customer: What are they
Dr. Shahzad MD :

Freeze therapy (cryotherapy) is also helpful sometimes.

Customer: How do I go about getting this treatment
Dr. Shahzad MD :

You should consult your GP.

Dr. Shahzad MD :

Get a referral to a dermatologist.

Customer: Thank you you have been very helpful
Dr. Shahzad MD :

You are most welcome
Wish you all the best.
Please do rate me for my services by clicking on one of the smilies below.
Kindest Regards

Dr. SH and 4 other Medical Specialists are ready to help you