Dr. Norm S.
Dr. Norm S., Doctor
Experience:  Over 30 years of experience in OB/GYN practice.
13711182

Doctor unable to remove the vaginal pessary as a growth has

Doctor unable to remove the vaginal pessary as a growth has formed in front of the pessary .could this be a malignancy?
Hello and welcome.
I am Dr. Norm, and I look forward to helping you today.
How old are you?
How long has the pessary been in?
What did the doctor say about the growth? Thank you.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I am seeking information on the above condition for an another woman She is approx 82 years and the pessary is changed every 6 months .Last changed in may this year .The doctor said she will require an anaesthetist in order to remove it.When asked if this was normal he said it was unsual.

I think the doctor is in a much better position to know whether it might be a malignancy. I think a malignancy is unlikely, but possible.
In an 82 year old woman, it's not so unusual for the pessary to be difficult to remove. I suspect that the growth is not malignant. If the doctor suspected possible malignancy, he/she could easily have done a biopsy.
Most likely there is no malignancy. Sometimes anesthesia is needed to remove a pessary.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I looked it up on line cold this be a rectocyle?

No. A rectocele is a bulge of the rectum into the vagina. That would not prevent removal of the pessary.
Thank you for your payment and rating.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

ok thank you

You're welcome.