DrRussMD
DrRussMD, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board certified Internal medicine and Integrative medicine. Many years of experience all areas.
24257177

my child has a stomach ache, swollen throat, runny poo, really

my child has a stomach ache, swollen throat, runny poo, really horrible mood. She is 3 and been suffering with these issues consistently for around 2 months. She has lots of food intolerance's, and has suffered with all sorts of symptoms, infections etc for 2 years. I have been to my G.P. who I think has just become bored, so now say's its a virus it will clear up in 12 weeks. BUT she's not getting better, she has awful night terrors now so doesn't even sleep properly. Her whole persona has changed she is so miserable and hard to deal with and her temper is nasty. No one can do anything right. I need help as I just don't know what more I can do, yet I know there is a problem.
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 2 years ago.
She needs to be tested for mono.
If this is it, that explains things, and it is about the only virus that would cause this....back to the GP and demand the test.
Severe alergy is possible , and asthma, which is how she is being treated, but if these meds have not helped at all, then you need follow up...if the GP says it is asthma demand a referral to an allergist [specialist].
OK, so that is an initial answer….
Please use reply to expert if you have further questions. When you are ready, please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent]. If you forgot something, come back. I am here daily.