Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  20 yrs. in practice, includinge surgery, general medicine, addiction medicine and pain.
18722459

Most mornings i wake up with a minor aches in my neck and up

Most mornings i wake up with a minor aches in my neck and up the back of my head. However on some occasions the pain is unbearable and severe and is even occasinally acompanied by high tempereture and shaking. Two years ago I had meningites diagnosed and apart from the rash the above symptoms are very similar. I have had scans, take pain killers and changed my pillows on several occasions all to no avail ?
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 3 years ago.
Hi. Have you had scans of your neck?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Yes, 2 years ago while being treated for suspected Meningites

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 3 years ago.
OK Micheal but you haven't had a recent scan? Did the scan of your neck two years ago show anything abnormal?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

No, I have been to my GP on a few occasions but they seem to feel that if the problem could be highlited via a scan the one two years ago would have shown any anomolies.

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 3 years ago.
OK Michael--and we can continue after this if you'd like. You need a new scan of your neck since things may well have changed from two years ago. It sounds as though you may have a disk problem with nerve root compression that's causing your problem now. I would get a scan--ct or MRI--of your neck and then refer you to a physiatrist--a physical medicine and rehabilitation MD specialist--for a customized hands-on treatment program that should alleviate your symptoms.