Dr. SH
Dr. SH, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Doctor of Medicine
28323552

Hi Any advice, I am constantly tired needing about 10-11 hours

Any advice, I am constantly tired needing about 10-11 hours to feel alive but feel unrested after every sleep and it takes me a while to come round. Within 3-4 hours after waking i am tired. My muscles hurt all over my body constantly and feel I am sensitive to pain compared to other people I know. I have rotor cuff tendon problems which is bad in right shoulder. Sometimes my skin burns down my legs when I feel very tired. I have had IBS for 10 years. I am beginning to think that this one problem rather than separate issues because it has all been happening for a long as I remember
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 2 years ago.
Dr. Shahzad MD :

Hi there. Thank you for your question. I will be helping you out with your queries

Dr. Shahzad MD :

Have you been seen for this particular problem?

Dr. Shahzad MD :

Had any blood tests?

Dr. Shahzad MD :

Do you have any other medical problems?

Dr. Shahzad MD :

Are you on any medications for anything?

Dr. Shahzad MD :

How are your periods?

Dr. Shahzad MD :

Please let me know.

Customer:

No haven't been to docs with this yet, I have had the mirena coil for 5 months which has stopped my heavy periods, I take oxytetracycline for acne Ive had since age 13, no other medications.

Dr. Shahzad MD :

For how long are you having tiredness?

Customer:

Ive always been tired since teenager but just managed it but now realising it just isn't how other people are

Dr. Shahzad MD :

I think that you should have a few blood tests done:
1. Thyroid hormone test if you have not had one done recently.
2. Vitamin D levels in the blood. Vitamin D deficiency is very common indeed and can be the cause of the aches and pains that you are having.
3. You are most likely near your menopause and hormonal disturbances when a lady reaches near menopause can cause aches and pain and increasing fatigue.

Dr. Shahzad MD :

So these are the things that need to be considered and ruled out.

Dr. Shahzad MD :

Are you with me?

Customer:

yes I have been tested for thyroid couple of years ago but it was normal, the muscles have always ached its always been a constant effort

Dr. Shahzad MD :

I think that you should be tested again for your thyroid.
I would also test vitamin D levels along with FSH and LH levels to see if you have undergone menopause or nearing menopause as that can also be the cause of your symptoms.

Customer:

yes shall do that

Dr. Shahzad MD :

Anymore questions?

Customer:

no thanks

Dr. Shahzad MD :

You are most welcome
Wish you all the best.
Please do rate me for my services by clicking on one of the smilies below.
Kindest Regards