Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  20 yrs. in practice, includinge surgery, general medicine, addiction medicine and pain.
18722459

Hello ,I am sorry for the late hour ,but I am very worried.

Hello ,I am sorry for the late hour ,but I am very worried. I
had protected sex wih an escort girl on 5/09. I had less then 10 seconds unprotected oral sex and some deep kisses .
Now 18 days after I have an acute onset of flue like symtoms ....shivering temperature 38 sore and red troat. Muscules pain.
May be coinsidence new flue like symptoms but may be related to the written above.....Would you advice me to do hiv test and when is the best time.
Any advicse will be appreciated.
I am 47 male
KIND REGARDS
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
Hi--and we can continue after this if you'd like. The chances of getting HIV--which is what I assume you're worried about here--in your scenario are just about zero but not absolutely zero. So basically you're probably fine and the flu-like syndrome you had was truly the flu, but to be certain about this you need just one HIV screening at this point. You are at the point where if you had been infected you would have seroconverted and the test would be positive. So to put your worries to rest, just get the screening now.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

That means that if i have symptoms 18 days after the exposure it is not early for a test and it will be positive if..,,,or negative .Do I need to repeat the test in few weeks time. Thank you

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

And last question this is a single payment not a monthly subscribtion isnt it?

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
I'm sorry--I misinterpreted your dating above and though you meant May the 9th. Let me restate here--you should test now but if that test is negative you would still need retesting the first week in December to be certain. If that test is negative then you would be truly negative. No, a single payment is not a subscription but the only way I get compensated for my time with you is for you to give me an excellent rating if you don't have any further questions
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Sorry just to be clear date was 5 th of Sept. I would do test tomorrow and re test the first week of Dec .And the chance to be hiv is min.

Thank you you will get the best posible feedback

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
Yes I understand that it was almost three weeks ago. That would be long enough perhaps for you to test positive now but if it's negative the only way to be sure you are negative is to retest the first week in December. But again, HIV transmission in your scenario has been very rarely reported
Dr. Chip, Board Certified Physician
Experience: 20 yrs. in practice, includinge surgery, general medicine, addiction medicine and pain.