Dr. K.
Dr. K., Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board certified with experience in primary care.
65718478

Hi. My 4 years daughter wakes up screeming and saying that

Customer Question

Hi. My 4 years daughter wakes up screeming and saying that hers genitals hurts. It happens three tines in last 6 month. That screeming lasts about half an hour. I gave her paracetamol.
I'm worried if it can be something seriuos or it's normal for that age girls.
Expert:  Dr. K. replied 3 years ago.
Dr. K. :

Hello, this is Dr K.. Answers are not medical advice and do not constitute a doctor/patient relationship. I look forward to helping you today.

Dr. K. :

No its not normal She needs to have an exam by a

Dr. K. :

Dr to be sure she is ok. You can take her to your pediatrician

Dr. K. :

Little girls get diaper rash from wiping incorrectly and leaving bits of tissue. You can treat this with a diaper rash cream.

Dr. K. :

You can teach her to apply it herself

Dr. K. :

Little girls can also get a skin condition called lichen sclerosis which is like psoriasis. Its temporary and not serious but does need to be treated with a prescription steroid cream.

Dr. K. :

I hope this helps

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

We've seen doctor and he treated irritated genital. it didn't get better and the we've found ourself cause of that irritation: thread-worms. so we OK now. we fought them and now my daughter is OK ...

Expert:  Dr. K. replied 3 years ago.
Great I am glad she is ok Be sure to wash all the bedding and clothing in hot water and dry hot. Any siblings should also be treated.