Dr. D. Love
Dr. D. Love, Doctor
Experience:  Family Physician for 10 years; Hospital Medical Director for 10 years.
21597572

My penis has what looks like carpet burns on the shaft of it,

My penis has what looks like carpet burns on the shaft of it, it won't dry out what should I do?
Expert:  Dr. D. Love replied 3 years ago.
Hello from JustAnswer.
It will help if you could provide some further information.
How long has this been bothering you?
Did this start in response to any specific trauma to the penis?
Or did this arise spontaneously?
If spontaneous, could you attach a picture of the area using the icon on the tool bar that looks like a paper clip?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
It's been bothering me since Saturday on Friday I masturbated for a long time, when I awoke on Saturday my penis was swollen like a balloon, the swelling went away an I thought nothing of it but whilst at work on Monday my penis felt very uncomfortable who I got home it was moist with puss, an now my shaft will not dry out an there is puss.
Thank you for the additional information.

The presence of pus is different than moisture, and is much more worrisome. When there is pus present, that is worrisome that there is an infection present. Any wound of the skin can become secondarily infected, and while the skin of the penis is not a common site of such skin infections, it is possible that a wound of the penile skin can become infected.

When there is any significant skin infection, it is better to be seen by your doctor, since antibiotics are frequently necessary, and this is more important when dealing with a possible infection of the penile skin. Until you are seen, it is appropriate to clean the wound, as you are doing. An over the counter antibacterial ointment is the best that can be obtained over the counter, but this is usually not sufficient, but can be used until you can be seen.

If I can provide any further information, please let me know.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
What antibacterial ointment can I buy?
Triple antibiotic ointment is generally readily available. This is the generic name; the common brand name is Neosporin.