Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  20 yrs. in practice, includinge surgery, general medicine, addiction medicine and pain.
18722459

Hi back in July I had a small lump in my left armpit. It was

Hi back in July I had a small lump in my left armpit. It was a little bit painful when pressed hard, but had some antibiotic cream, fuciderm which cleared it up and disappeared. Now it's come back, and very worried it might be something serious. The Dr gave me some fucibet cream and all seems ok at the moment. Just need something to allay my fears.
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
Hi. Most likely this is just a benign cyst that's become infected or possibly folliculitis--hair shaft infection. If you're worried about cancer that isn't tender and painful. If it continues to give you problems the best thing to do would be to have it totally removed surgically under local anaesthesia. Cancer also doesn't appear, disappear, and then come back like this